We now offer visitors to the West Coast year round accommodation discounts and free treats with our various tailor made Special Offer Packages. Senior Citizens Year Round Special Offer Senior citizens are offered a 30% discount on midweek stays year round. At R800.00 per person per day, this special offer includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner. […]
Weddings at Draaihoek
Situated on the R27 en route to Elands Bay, our venue is discreetly tucked away on the South African West Coast. A stylish backdrop for special occasions, set against the breathtaking rugged scenery typical of the area – ideal for staging a destination wedding. In boutique styled accommodation guests are treated to secluded luxury.
Allow us to customize your wedding for you, from an intimate ceremony for 2 to a grand family affair. Our range of exquisite settings and breathtaking venues offer the most idyllic wedding and honeymoon settings. Full catering, florist, décor and coordination services are provided to customize unique wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Draaihoek Lodge & Restaurant is situated in the heart of the West Coast, close to the little fishing village Elands Bay. The restaurant and lodges are set on unspoiled strand veld close to a private beach – as part of a nature conservation area, the setting offers uninterrupted vistas and the perfect backdrop for staging either an indoor or outdoor wedding reception.
The Restaurant is housed in The Homestead – reminiscent of traditional West Coast architecture, with a huge gable, whitewashed walls, a thatched roof and stoep overlooking the dunes. The stylish dining room with an impressive open fire place, seats 40 guests and offers gourmet fare complemented by an extensive selection of exceptional regional wines. Special function menus are compiled in conjunction with the bridal couple to ensure a tailor made gourmet experience for each reception.
Each of the 8 luxury suites, situated in free standing lodges, are double (or twin) – each with its own private patio overlooking the dunes and within easy walking distance of the beach. All rooms offer luxurious 4 star amenities – fire place, king sized beds draped with mosquito netting and dressed with luxury bed linen, private label toiletries and en suite dressing/bathrooms with heated towel rails, to name a few
The Manor House
Also available is The Manor House, situated in a scenic natural setting overlooking the vlei, offers the following: a Master bedroom with luxurious separate bath & shower, two guest rooms with king sized beds and en suite bathrooms, a twin bedroom loft, lounge area with fire place, a fully fitted kitchen and wrap around stoep and outdoor hearth
Terms and Conditions
- all rates are subject to change without notice
- all rates are based on estimates which may be revised should your expected total number of guests change or should market related food prices fluctuate
- all rates exclude beverage prices
- all rates exclude menu prices, which will be determined according menu selection
- all rates include 14% VAT
Deposits, Final Payment & Cancellations
- a 100% non refundable deposit of the venue hire is required within 21 days of making the booking in order to secure the reservation
- 50% of the cost of the function must be paid 6 months prior to the date of the function
- the remaining 50% of the cost of the function must be paid 30 days prior to the date of the function
- a 100% deposit of the total meal account is required 30 days prior to the function date
- total bar costs must be settled in full as per agreement. Full credit card information, to serve as security on the beverage account, should be supplied prior to the function.
- should the function be cancelled within 30 days before the set date you will be liable for the total cost of the function.
- Draaihoek Lodge & Restaurant is fully licensed and all beverages can be ordered from us. We regret no alcohol or non alcoholic beverages from outside is allowed.
- We will however allow alternative and additional beverages if this would best serve the purpose of the event, subject to a corkage fee.
- The bar close at 24h00. A fee of R400 per hour or part thereof will be charged thereafter.
- The bar arrangements should be confirmed at least 14 days prior to the function date, with submission of the Function Bar List
- Catering is exclusively done by Draaihoek Restaurant – no outside caterers may be used.
- Confirmation of the menu and payment of the full meal account is required 30 days prior to the function date.
- No refunds will be made 30 days prior to the function should the guest total decrease, unless otherwise agreed on.
- A pro forma invoice for the meal account will be forwarded to the client on confirmation of the menu choice.
- Any extra meals or special dietary requirements not included or agreed on, will be charged for separately.
- final guest totals to be confirmed no later than 14 days prior to function
- outlining of the sequence of events to be confirmed no later than 14 days prior to the function
- bar arrangements to be confirmed 14 days prior to function
Breakages & Damages
The client shall be responsible for any breakages and damage caused to property by any act or omission of the client or guests/service providers of the client. The client will be responsible for the safe keeping of, or any damage caused to equipment hired on their behalf.