We now offer visitors to the West Coast year round accommodation discounts and free treats with our various tailor made Special Offer Packages. Senior Citizens Year Round Special Offer Senior citizens are offered a 30% discount on midweek stays year round. At R800.00 per person per day, this special offer includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner. […]
Velddrif Day Trip – 40 km from Draaihoek Lodge
Velddrif and surrounds offers some great finds for those looking to find authentic West Coast / Sandveld attractions. This unpretentious little town is situated at the mouth of the Bergriver where it spills into the Atlantic Ocean. The area is home to an abundance of bird species, notably the flamingo, which favours the vleiland bordering the town.
For the exact location of Velddrif, check out our printable West Coast map.
When visiting, go round to:
- The Bokkomlaan (Velddrif)
- Die Vishuis
- Art Gallery @ Pelican Harbour
- Ek & Djy Vissery
A limited selection of eateries, but authentic fare on offer .
- Die Vis Vlekhuis in Laaiplek for a vetkoek take away (022 783 0553 )
- Die Vishuis Restaurant in Velddrif (022 783 1183)
A Day trip around town
- Rocherpan Nature Reserve (022 931 2900)
- Tour of Fish Factory (022 783 1103)
- Tour of Salt Processing Plant (022 783 1133)
- Laaiplek Harbour
- SA Fisheries Museum (082 849 9251)
Interest Specific Attractions
- River Cruises (022 783 0698)
- Angling Trips (022 783 2689)
- Mountain Biking (022 931 2900)
- Hiking Trails (022 783 0856)
- Berg River Estuary